Fishing is one of the most favorite pass-time for both men and women. Although I have to admit that you will see fewer women on fishing boats than men. There aren’t many women who can go through hours of silence. I kid, but the truth is that the sport is mostly a man’s pleasure.
Leaving the gender separation aside, do you know what makes fishing pleasant? High-quality fishing tools. Catching fish with inadequate tools will lead you nowhere. The time when people used to fish with a stick and a thread is long gone. It’s a sport now, so naturally, there is fishing equipment.
As years went by, a lot of new technology emerged, which brought a lot of novelty to fishing. I can honestly say that his activity has never been so simple. We have everything, from hi-tech fishing rods to sonars so we can find the fish. It’s amazing how thing progressed. But one of the latest battles is among people who use monofilament and individuals who prefer the braided fishing line. Until a few years ago, this debate didn’t even exist because everyone was using monofilament. But you know how it goes. The moment something better comes up, everyone wants a piece of it.
The differences between braided and mono
If you want braided or not braided, the decision is entirely up to you. Both linescome with its own advantages and disadvantages. There are some myths out there, and then there are a few things to consider before moving to team braided. There are different brands, line-weights, and spool sizes. And let’s not forget about costs. Let’s take a look at the differences between the braided fishing line and monofilament.
- ü There is almost no stretch – this has to be the best thing that has ever happened to a fishing line. A thread that has no stretch is ideal especially when you want to go fishing in deep waters. Monofilament has a huge stretch, up to 30%. What makes braided awesome is that you can feel the fish bite as deep as 350 meters. And that’s not all. You can also feel it dragging along. Even the little fish. The point is that with the braided fishing line you will feel every single move. The same stretch can be a real pain in the behind at times. It is perfect for deep waters, but in certainsituations, you can end up overboard. Fights with big fish will be so severe that you might as well throw yourself in the water. Every move a powerful fish will make will be transmitted to you. So if you are choosing to go for braided, prepare yourself for some real fights. Mono is a better shock absorber.
- ü Braid is more resistant to abrasion than mono. You know that situation where the line gets rubbed off a cliff when a big fish tries to run away. Mono will tear almost in an instant, but the braided line will hold on. Don’t get me wrong, you can still end up without fish or line, only that it will take longer. The chances of that happening are slimmer.
- ü It does not break down under UV lights. That means it has a longer lifespan on the shelf as well as on your reel. Mono deteriorates on the reel even if you don’t use it. Best case scenario is that your mono spool will last a season, whereas a braided fishing line should be as strong as the day it left the manufacturer.
- ü A braided line is the David from David and Goliath. Despite its thickness, it’s still stronger than mono. Braid is a lot thinner. Just to paint a clear picture, 65 lbs of braid is as thin as 16 lbs of monofilament. As convenient as that may seem in particular situations, it can be very inconvenient when you have to fill the reel. It’s impractical and costly to fill a reel with braid. A reel that can hold 300 meters of 10 kg of mono will need approximately 500 meters of 10 kg braid. That is quite a lot. And it will be painful for your pockets. However, there is a small fix for this. You can pack the reel with mono first, and then add the braid depending o where you’re going fishing and what you’re hoping to catch.
- ü Some braids float. This is a good thing because it’s expensive, so if you have a chance at retrieving it, then why not? Mono goes down for sure. Nobody will ever cry about it. Braid, however, will break your heart if you lose it. I’ve heard stories of people who lost a big fight and lost the braid, only to retrieve it later because it was floating. That’s a happy ending. One thing that braid users don’t like is that if it tangles, it can very hard to untangle.
- ü A braided fishing line is much more expensive than monofilament for the simple reason that it’s more costly to manufacture. Also, the offer is not as big. I bet that once the market develops and new competitors will show their faces, the price will go down. But to tell you honestly, it is worth it. You will see a return on investment when there will be more fish on the deck.
The differences between the two lines are significant. Anyone can notice that braided fishing lines are significantly better that monofilament.
There is a thing going around. People have this crazy idea that you have to know how to tie special knots if you want to use braid. It depends on how you look at it. Just because it’s something new that doesn’t mean it’s special. It’s true that braid doesn’t behave as well as mono, but with a little bit of practice, you will eventually succeed. You can tie a back to back uni (double grinner) if you want to join two braids or if you want to attach a braid to mono, but I don’t think there is anything special about that. After all, a good fisherman will know how to tie all sorts of knots.
What is the best braided fishing line?
That’s a question for the ages. Finding the best of the best is hard. Braid is already a top-notch product. It’s tough to find flaws in it. But here are three brands that I consider to offer complete customer satisfaction.
Piscifun Braided Fishing Line
When looking for a braided fishing line from Piscifun, you are going to have where to choose from. The manufacturer provides a great variety of sizes, weights, and colors. Not that the latter matters so much, but for some people it does.
This brand promises super abrasion resistance and knot strength. You know how braided line can prove to be difficult to knot, but once it’s done, nothing can get it undone. The smoothness seems to unparalleled. The thread is roundconsidering the fact that there are multiple strands in there. You would have expected to find more of a rectangular or at least oval shape, but Piscifun surprised everybody here.
The line is made of ultra-strong fiber material that will hold on tight to any fish you want to go up against. There are small chances that it will break during a fight. There is zero stretch, which makes the braid highly sensitive. You will fell anything that happens under water. Whether it’s a bite or a swimming fish, you will know about it. It can prove difficult in small waters, but nobody chooses a braided fishing line because it’s easy to handle, but for its strength.
Piscifun has divided its lines into two weight categories. There is the first one, 12 to 50 lbs, which is made with 4 high strength strands, while the second category, 65 to 150 lbs, has 8 strands for even more power. The smaller profile will provide a better casting and knot strength.
What people will appreciate is that Piscifun has managed to cut the costs but still manufacture a high-quality product. That resulted in a more affordable price than other companies can provide. A lot of people replaced more expensive brands with Piscifun because it offers the same strength at a lower price.
KastKing SuperPower Braided Fishing Line
From what I understand, KastKing released the braid that holds the strongest knots ever. Nothing can get them undone. It would be easier for a fish to break the line than to undo a knot. That’s probably your best option too. The strands are dynamically incorporated, which will allow you to tie a solid knot easily. You can even tie an improved clinch knot.
The line is treated, but not with wax coating. That will allow the braid to zip through the guides to your target and gives you an improved lure swimming action. It has low memory. You can throw longer, better casts, and wind knots will not happen. As far as the abrasion resistance goes, you can rarely see something like KastKing. It decreases the chance of losing the fight with a big fish close to zero. The braid will simply leave you in awe. But you will have caught a big fish, so you won’t complain.
The non-existent stretch provides ultra-high sensitivity. That will improve your catch ratio. But you are going to have quite the fight with big ones. Everything that happens will be transmitted to you, so prepare yourself for a good shake.
Even if the KastKing is stronger than most fishing lines, the diameter is one of the smallest on the market. Comparing with other brands, this one will allow you to spool more line on your reel. That can be a good thing or not, depending on the size of the reel. If your reel supports 600 m of braid, you may want to fill it with mono first.
Power Pro Spectra Fiber Braided Fishing Line
Power Pro also provides multiple weights, sizes, and colors. It was among the first companies that released braided fishing lines. Until a few years ago, every pro fisherman had Power Pro braided fishing line because at the time it was the best you could find. It hasn’t lost its quality, only that there are more brands now than there used to be a few years back. The competition got fierce, which forced Power Pro to lower the prices as well. But that’s good news for fishing enthusiasts.
The braided fishing line from Power Pro is made from Spectra fiber, a patented technology that provides lightweight, dependable strength. It is produced through a patented gel-spinning process that ensures durability and toughness. The line is treated with enhanced body technology for incredible roundness and sensitivity. The people from Power Pro managed to achieve a product using science from start to finish. That is how they managed to manufacture such a reliable product.
The brand relies on the fact that anglers become more and more educated each year. The standards rise, so the product must evolve as well. The three end braided construction and the near zero stretch provide such a sensitivity that you will change the way you look at fishing. It will change your experience forever.
My first tendency was to go for the Power Pro, but then I analyzed the situation a bit and realized that Piscifun offers the same quality but at a lower price. The days when Power Pro dominated this market are long gone. That is why my recommendation is Piscifun. The braided fishing line is reliable, strong, it provides excellent support, and will change your experience. As far as I’m concerned, Piscifun is the best braided fishing line you could possibly own.
I honestly believe that fishing is a great way to spend some time away from your problems. For me, it’s more of an occasion for relaxation than anything else. I understand that some people transformed into a sport, but staying in absolute quiet for a few hours comes as a well-deserved break from everything.
- The Tried and True Method for Best Monofilament Fishing Line in Step by Step Detail
- Understanding Best Fishing Line for Bass
- Top Fishing Braid Tips!
- Things You Should Know About Best Braided Line
- The Pitfall of Strongest Fishing Line
- The Debate Over Braided Line
- The Biggest Myth About Best Fishing Line Exposed
- Life, Death, and Fishing Line
- The New Angle On Braided Fishing Line Just Released
- The Biggest Myth About Fishing String Exposed
- Effective Strategies for Strongest Braided Fishing Line You Can Use Immediately
- Dirty Facts About the Best Braided Fishing Line Exposed
- New Ideas Into Monofilament Fishing Line Never Before Revealed
- New Article Reveals the Low Down on Best Fishing Line for Saltwater and Why You Must Take Action Today
- What Everyone Is Saying About Bulk Braided Fishing Line Is Wrong and Why
- Short Article Reveals the Undeniable Facts About Best Braided Fishing Line Saltwater and How It Can Affect You
- The Secret Details Into Cheap Braided Fishing Line That Most People Do Not Know About
- Details of Best Fluorocarbon Line
- The 5-Minute Rule for Dacron Fishing Line
- Best Braided Line for Saltwater: No Longer a Mystery
- Uncommon Article Gives You the Facts on Braided Fishing Line for Sale That Only a Few People Know Exist
- Ideas, Formulas and Shortcuts for Fishing Line Strength
- Want to Know More About Monofilament Line?
- Lies You’ve Been Told About Fishing Braided Line
- Brief Article Teaches You the Ins and Outs of Strong Fishing Line and What You Should Do Today
- The Pitfall of Dyneema Fishing Line
- The Number One Question You Must Ask for Fishing Line Braid
- The Benefits of Best Fluorocarbon Fishing Line
- The Benefits of Best Braided Fishing Line for Spinning Reels
- The Unusual Details Regarding Best Saltwater Fishing Line Most People Aren’t Aware Of
- Find Out Who is Worried About Best Fishing Braid and Why You Need to be Paying Attention
- Top Tips of Fluorocarbon Fishing Line
- The One Thing to Do for Kastking Braid
- Hidden Solutions to Spectra Fishing Line Disclosed
- The Characteristics of Fluorocarbon Line